...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Small Miracles

This past Monday Aubrey was in a chorus concert for school. They call the program "Winterfest" and it is held at the high school. Eight elementary schools come to sing a couple of songs each and the high school band plays a couple of songs. Aubrey has been to practices every day for a week after school and she was thrilled to be in the concert. The night of the event, Josh was feeling really sick to his stomach so we decided he should stay home. He was asleep when I packed up all five kids and bundled them into the van. I was really worried about keeping my four lively boys quiet and semi-still for an hour plus of singing. I quietly prayed that we would make it through. We deposited Aubrey with her group and then found a place to sit and we sat for over an hour. The boys stayed put. It was a miracle. Logan sat on my lap, content, the entire time. He swayed to the music and clapped at the end of each song. Gavin and Bryce sang along (sometimes Gavin sang his own thing) when they knew the song. Parker made sure to make sure that I noticed he was listening and then clapping for everyone. But no one ran away, no one screamed, no one threw a tantrum, no one even complained about being bored. I was so grateful for the sweet peace that I felt with my little family as we actually enjoyed an elementary school Christmas concert, all six of us. I know that the Lord was with us, in some small way, that night and that the Savior helped my boys be able to "Be still." We have been richly blessed. I have a fabulous family.

p.s. No pictures because while I remembered the children, I forgot the camera.

1 comment:

mormongrandpablogger said...

That story is a small miracle. I can't imagine Gavin sitting that long. You have them trained very well and they will grow up to be wonderful adults.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...