...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

Tonight we were able to go, as a family, to the Draper Temple open house. What a fabulous experience for our family. If you haven't set up a time to take your family, I highly recommend it. The kids loved it. We talked to them a lot before the trip about what a temple is and why they can go inside this time and how special that is. We told them the temple had not yet been dedicated and asked if they knew what that meant. Aubrey was thrilled to answer, she told us "It mean it hasn't been given to the Lord yet." I was so proud. I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to explain it, so her answer was perfect. We particularly loved the celestial room, that was every one's favorite (it has a gorgeous, gigantic chandelier) except Gavin who liked the baptistery because of the rhinoceroses (he would NOT be convinced that they were oxen...oh well). Anyway, great family activity and they give you cookies afterward, what more could you ask for. If you want to make reservations for your family, follow the link below.

http://www.lds.org/reservations

3 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

How fun! I'm going with my family today and I'm super excited :) I loved Aubrey's answer- she is so smart! I don't think I would have been able to say it better.

mormongrandpablogger said...

We have tickets for Feb. 5th and hope to take Joel, Kevin, and Jenny. The pictures I have seen are wonderful. We are looking forward to attending and feeling the Spirit of the Temple.

Tara said...

I love reading your blog! Your entries are cute and funny or sometimes touching. It is nice to have a window into your life since I don't really see you anymore. I love to read other mom blogs too, because I don't feel alone in all of the kid shenanigans! Hope you are well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...