...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Prepare for One Super Cheesy (But True) Post

I love being a mom. To me, there is nothing better. I can honestly say that from the time I was little, I always wanted to be a mom (even though I also wanted to be a teacher, an archaeologist, or a veterinarian). I have loved children (not infants, mind you, I am not a baby person...don't get me wrong, I adore mine) since I was young and loved to babysit while I was growing up. Now, I get to spend all day every day with my favorite people in the world...my kids. That doesn't mean that they never make me crazy or that I never want to lock them in a closet forever...but I love to wake up every day knowing that I get to be with them. I feel awfully blessed to be able to hang out with such amazing people all the time.

On top of that, I get to hang out with another fabulous group of kids every week....my young women (this is just a few of them). My girls are incredible and I adore them. We had an activity about motherhood this week and I got to see them in action, reaching out to each other, making everyone feel welcome and included. I was so proud of them. We also got to have their moms at this activity, I really look up to several of those women. I hope to be like them one day.


But, I have to say, the best part of being a mom is the incredible partnership I get to share with my best friend and my favorite person in the world, Josh. He keeps me sane when I feel like I am going to lose it and he makes me laugh when I forget that things have a bright side. I wouldn't make it through without him. I am awfully blessed and am incredibly grateful that I get to chill with him, and our brood, for eternity. What could be better.

3 comments:

mormongrandpablogger said...

And I thought I was your favorite person in the world. Guess I will have to take a backseat to that guy who stole you from your mom and I. Ahh, that really is as it should be. Glad you like momming so much cause you will be at it a while...forever!! :-)

Manda Jane Clawson said...

I loved this post :) You are such a cute mommy!

Henich Family said...

Love it! I can't help but think back all those years ago to your first date. You guys are SO perfect for each other.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...