...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, January 15, 2009

What is going on Hair?

OK, so last night I was getting ready to go to mutual. I had just finished doing my hair and was heading out when I smelled something weird in the bathroom. I carefully made my way toward that room, and the stench became more prevalent the closer I got. I entered to find that someone, maybe a wicked warlock (but more likely a one year old boy) had maneuvered my curling brush off the counter, turned it on (yes, I forgot to unplug it in my hurry to go), and threw it in the toilet. (Thankfully said child was not hurt in any way during this mishap). The thing was fried to a crisp. Completely useless.

So, this morning, nasty hair and all, I made my way to the store to purchase a new curling brush. This was supposed to be a simple errand to fix my haystack hair problem. No such luck. They did have one kind of curling brush, but not the kind I have been using for the past 20+ years...never mind that I have purchased curling brushes at this store before (notice the lack of name of the store so as to avoid any possible advertising for them...I'll show them to not carry my curling brush!!!..ok, so they won't really care and I will probably be back there again next week). So, I buy the kind they have (the one and only kind they have) and go home only to find this is a brush with a weird blow dryer like feature inside, so it doesn't work at all like what I am used to. I am trying to grow my hair out so it is already hard to manage and now I have to try to learn to use this abnoxious new hair monstrosity that passes as a "curling brush" in name only (if you ask me). Oh well, such is life. It could be worse, he could have thrown my toothbrush in the toilet too.


(Proof that even if he can be a terror, he is still adorable)

2 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

I HATE trying to find new curling irons and things. I've been using the same one for about 10 years and am not looking forward to the day it needs to be replaced ;)

mormongrandpablogger said...

What's the big deal about a curling iron? If you put enough gel in your hair it will do anything...ask Joel. Maybe you need to do your shopping at a store that carries more variety. 7-11 usually has limited numbers of things and usually it is inferior in quality. Give Shop-ko a try. We have had 'great' success there in the past. :-)

BTW, that little dancer guy is awfully cute. I can't believe he would do anything like you explained. Must have been Gavin and he blamed it on Logie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...