...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, April 23, 2009

One Big Week

This week, Aubrey broke her arm. I got a call from the school on Tuesday just after I had put the boys down for naps. They said Aubrey had fallen while racing with some other kids and I needed to come check it out. The big lump on her forearm where it didn't belong told me there was something wrong. Sure enough, her arm was broken. She was really brave, her arm is wrapped in a splint and she has this sling to help her out. It wasn't bad enough to need a cast (who knew...I thought all breaks needed a cast). While getting dressed and practicing the piano are difficult for her now, she hasn't let a mere hairline fracture slow her down...of course, now I am paranoid about her excessive energy. For the first break of my career as a mother, this really hasn't been too bad.



Secondly, we were able to go in for an ultrasound this weekend to learn more about our coming sprite. We thought it would be fun to video the kids when they got to see the ultrasound pictures. Some are happy, some are not. I guess you just can't please everyone. P.S. Josh is giddy, he could not be a more proud papa.

9 comments:

Daley Family said...

YEAH! It must be my own pregnancy hormones, but Aubrey's excitement made me cry!

mytee sooperox said...

HURRAY for AUBREY!!!!!!! She's been waiting a long time for this one! Congratulations. Makes up for the broken arm, I'm sure.

Rachael said...

Looks like my wish for you in my Facebook note had some umph to it! ha ha ha Congrats! Aubrey's reaction was awesome! Sorry boys for the "not awesome" it was for you. Too cute!! Thanks for sharing!

Megan said...

Congratulations! I laughed so hard at the boys' reaction!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

"Not Awesome!" oh my heck that was cute! That's way exciting :) Sorry about Aubrey's broken arm, that is no fun. Yay for another girl!!

Paula said...

Yay! A girl! We are so excited to have another girl in the family! We got a good laugh out of Gavin's reaction. Congratulations!

Tristy said...

That is the cutest video! All those names Aubrey was coming up with must have paid off! I'm glad she is getting a sister, how exciting!

Tara said...

Gavin and Aubrey's reactions are priceless. Congratulations!

Henich Family said...

I just watched this video...and couldn't stop laughing. I love the "not awesome" comment as he threw whatever he had down. I am glad you are having another girl. What a beautiful family you guys have. We seriously need to get together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...