...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

School Days

(Our kids don't ride the bus, but you get the idea...besides, how safe can it be, none of those children seem to be sitting down!!!)
During the past week both Josh and I have had the chance to go spend some time in our children's classrooms. I am a little bit embarrassed to say this is the first time this school year I have been in to school. I can give a million fabulous excuses, but that's all they really turn out to be...excuses.

Still, I am always grateful when we are able to go to school because it is so good for us and our kids. I love that our kids get to see that we think school is important enough that we take the time to come in to their classes. I love that we get to have a better feel for what the teachers are really like and how their class really functions. I love that we get to chat with other parents and hear what they think of teachers, programs, and the school in general. And on top of that, we get to help the teachers get needed errands done or copies made or whatever it is they need in their classroom.

It is through volunteering that we have a better feel for what our kids are doing at school and a couple of times it has helped us address problems that we see with teachers. I am really grateful for kind and caring teachers that do their best to help our kids learn and grow in more ways than just the three r's.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Besides field trips, I haven't been in to volunteer this year at all, so you are ahead of me! It really is very beneficial to everyone involved though. I wish I could do it more often.

Will might be going to the Magnet school next year, but if not, he and Hannah are both going to a new Charter School in West Jordan. I'm kind of excited, but kind of scared to have them so far away. But ultimately it will be a good thing. In either case, I think volunteering will be more of a requirement than an option.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...