...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, July 3, 2009

The Benefits of Nesting

Ok, I am kind of a clean freak in general. I have relaxed somewhat over the years because with so many little people running around making messes on purpose just to teach you patience (or that's what it feels like) I have had to let go of some things. I no long mop the floor 3-5 times a day trying to keep it spotless.

Anyway, when I am pregnant, my organization/cleaning mode kicks up a notch and my poor husband is often the recipient of the whining about things that need to be done around the house. Every time I am pregnant, Josh ends up with some big project that I want done before the baby is born. Last time around he made me a lovely patio in the backyard with 2ftX 2ft cement blocks (30 tiles weighing 50 lbs each...good thing he is pretty tough). He literally finished it the day that I went into labor (what timing). I have loved the patio ever since and been grateful for his work.

This time around, I could not get past the horribleness of my living room. All I could see as I sat in there or walked by was nicked walls, nasty paneling (on one wall), broken baseboards, and stained, scraped linoleum. I hated it (I have hated it since we moved in, but the cost to repair it all has always been out of our reach). As I whined and fussed and cleaned the rest of the house until it shone (shined?), Josh took pity on me and decided to repaint the room (thanks to a gift card he got from some work he did we could afford it). So, almost two weeks later (thanks to "help" from our children) it is done and I LOOOOOOVE it!!! Josh did a much better job than I could ever have hoped for, and I am grateful for his time and effort. All I did was sit around growing baby ears or something (and I painted the trim...I know I know, no painting when you're pregnant...we opened all the windows...I couldn't just sit there doing nothing). Same furniture and all, and no pictures up yet, but I am so pleased! It finally feels like living room I can relax in instead of feeling like something constantly needs to be cleaned.



Thanks honey, you are amazing...and you're totally hot too!!!

2 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

It looks great! I'm sooo jealous! I can't wait to paint our house :)

Henich Family said...

Okay Melissa when are we going to get together?

Living Room looks great Josh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...