...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Two Year Olds....the sequel

Boy, I am a blog-a-holic this month. This one is for you, Dad. Today I made chocolate drizzled pretzels for our neighbor treat. Gavin and Logan wanted to help me. Ok, sounds like fun. I went to retrieve the previously purchased pretzel rods from the basement storage room only to find that someone had thrown them all on the floor, presumably looking for something else in the storage room. Now, they are more broken than they were after the oh so careful Walmart employees shoved them onto the shelf. Oh well. I'll just have to cut back on how many we give people (sorry people). I brought them upstairs and started to sort them into trays of "not broken pretzel rods" and "broken but maybe still usable" pieces of pretzel. I had to leave to feed Ellie so I put both trays on the kitchen counter, away from the two year old. No dice. Said stealthy two year old managed to quietly drag a chair over and came to find me while munching on two heretofore non broken pretzel rods (why couldn't he eat the already broken ones).

So, I put wax paper on a bunch of cookie sheets and turned to the stove to monitor the melting chocolate. I turned back around to find Logan (the two year old) licking two separate sheets of wax paper. What??? Does it taste good? I wouldn't think so. Ok, new wax paper, and put the trays away from where Logan is sitting.

Next I lay the pretzels out and bring over the chocolate and drizzle it over them. Milk chocolate and then white chocolate, they look great (if I do say so myself)!! The kids helped me sprinkle sprinkles over the wet chocolate, and we all had a great time. I turned around to get more chocolate and when I turned back Logan is now running his tongue across an entire tray of chocolate pretzels. THIS CHILD!!!

Fine, I threw those away (no one wants to get slobbery, tongue impressions in their chocolate) and decided I'd just dip a bunch of the broken ones to give to people...not as pretty, but more chocolaty so everyone wins.

After the chocolate sets up, I had the boys help me put them in bags to get ready to deliver. Logan was in charge of handing me the bags, but somehow he managed to get his hands all over the chocolate remnants on a piece of wax paper and he was a mess, and so was the table. I sent him to the bathroom to wash his hands while I wiped the table. By the time I was done, he still hadn't come back so I went to check it out. Yup, chocolate covered bathroom counter top and the soap pump was on the toilet seat with (I swear) 40 pumps of liquid soap all over the toilet and Logan trying to clean the whole thing up with one (that's right, one) square of toilet paper.

That was enough. I put it all away (with my sanity) until Logan was down for a nap. Good thing I love this little guy so much. He may be a monster sometimes, but he's MY little monster.

P.S. Gavin told me Logan was a pill today.

2 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Wow that sounds like a crazy project! They were yummy tho :) Thanks!

mormongrandpablogger said...

There was a time when I thought you were exaggerating about this little guy but after the past few visits, I am a believer. Here's hoping he learns to channel that curiosity to something productive in his teens.

How come there were only broken pretzels when I was over there? And none with chocolate? Did I miss the secret stash? Be sure to check out the videos and pics on our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...