...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, January 15, 2010

Because I Don't Want to end up in Sing Sing

Ok, so Wednesday I took a trip to Shopko. They were having some HUGE clearance sales on kids clothes and we almost always need something so I went. While there I bought a size 2T girls coat set because the one we had when Aubrey was little is now invisible so I can't find it and the coat was only $9, and it is super cute. It came with a hat and scarf as well.

When I got home I found that we had magically ended up with two scarves, not just the one I think was intended to be with the coat. I am sure a scarf fell on the floor (you know what a mess clearance racks can be) and someone just picked it up and plopped it on whatever coat was closest. My initial thought was "Great, now Aubrey can have one too," quickly followed by, "And you say what to her...'Here is a bonus scarf that I accidentally stole from the store and you get to have it...you are soooo lucky!'" NO WAY!!! I do not need to feel guilty every time I see my daughter wear a winter neck warmer.

So, I packed up the kids and made another trip to Shopko to return the superfluous scarf. The lady looked at me funny, Josh laughed and told me I was weird, but I felt better, and that is what counts.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I've done that a few times! I was also guilt ridden and packed up the kids to return to the store only to get strange looks from the employees, but ultimately a thanks for being honest. Not too many people do that I guess, cause the workers are always flabbergasted. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...