...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, January 29, 2010

They're 5 for 5

Ok, so after my last (possibly inappropriate...sorry if anyone was offended) post, I am headed in a completely different direction today.

This Sunday will be my youngest brother's mission farewell (I know, I know, they don't call them that anymore). I get to sing with all four of my brothers (which I love to do) and my kids get to sing with their cousins. They have been practicing for a couple of weeks now and I think they are doing great (see for yourself below). The verses of "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission" are both so similar it has been hard for the kids to keep them straight, but they have worked hard and are looking forward to Sunday.


With Joel ready to head out to serve his mission this makes all five of my parent's five children that have either served an honorable mission or been sealed in the temple. I have incredible parents who have put their whole hearts into helping their children become the best that they can. I am grateful for their righteous example and their love, work ethic, and even sense of humor (although I didn't find it funny when my dad compared my prom dress to a football jersey because of the shoulder pads...but, that's my dad). I feel awfully blessed to have my parents.

Finally, my sister in law sent me this and I LOVE IT!!!! So true...

In case you didn't know...

All women are angels.

And when someone breaks our wings...

we simply continue to fly...

on a broomstick.

After all, we are flexible.

3 comments:

Green River High School said...

This melted my heart. Your kids are so cute and I adore their pure love for the Gospel. Thanks for sharing :)

mytee sooperox said...

I love the broomstick quote. That's been me the last couple of weeks, riding on the broomstick. Hopefully for not much longer though.

Manda Jane Clawson said...

"MISSIONARY!!" oh my goodness too cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...