...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Jazz and Missionaries

Last night, Josh got a call from a good friend he hasn't seen in a while. Dan had a bonus ticket to the Jazz game...third row. This also included fabulous buffet dinner, amazing desert, half time snacks, and an umbrella with ears (it's the Jazz bear). Josh had the time of his life with a really great friend. I got to see the back of his adorable head from my seat on the couch at home. He was close enough to hear the players sweat (or at least talk to each other) and even participated in a little bit of friendly harassment of the other team (one player even responded with a "Hey, I can't be perfect every night," with a big smile right at Josh and Dan). What an awesome opportunity for him.

And, he can thank me for it!!! That's right, earlier in the day I was at my parent's house to say good-bye to my little brother who left on his mission that afternoon (missionaries now days are dropped at the curb like dry cleaning...no more drawn out farewell with family). As I was leaving, I gave him a dollar for good luck, a first donation to his mission fund. Heavenly Father always blesses us, often ten fold (or 600 fold) when we do good things...so, Josh got third row Jazz tickets because I gave my missionary brother a dollar. I see the connection.

Just kidding. Still, Joel is happily deposited in the MTC and Josh had an awesome experience with a fabulous friend he doesn't get to see very often. Life is good.

1 comment:

Henich Family said...

hahaha that is awesome...and if it is the Dan I know that would have been a good time!

Joel on a mission...CRAZY he doesn't seem old enough! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...