...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Mouths of Babes

Last night, Bryce came to Josh and I concerned. He had a big blob thing that had appeared on his upper gum in his mouth. It was not a cold sore (at least not like any I have ever seen). He was pretty worried about it. We looked at it and poked at it and tried to act nonchalant, but we told him we didn't know what it was, we would just check it tomorrow and see what it looked like.

His eyes immediately welled with tears and he said he hoped he didn't have to have a surgery and it wasn't cancer and he hoped he wouldn't die from it. His hypochondriac side appeared. Poor guy, he gets that from me. When I was younger I loved to watch science/disease/plague shows and was always convinced that I had whatever malady I had seen (I could almost always come up with a few symptoms that I had). We tried to convince Bryce that it was probably nothing and that he would most likely live to see the morning. He was thrilled this morning when he got up and the blob was almost entirely gone. Still don't know what it was, but we're glad to see it make it's exit.

Also, yesterday, Ellie was playing on the floor by me when she discovered the table, and tried to eat it. I didn't know she had termite genes (she must get those from her father) but the symptoms are pretty apparent. What a life she has ahead of her, so many woods, so little time.

2 comments:

Green River High School said...

HeEhEe. What a funny kid.
PS- SOOO jealous about Josh getting to go to the jazz game the other night!!! That is awesome!

mormongrandpablogger said...

Nothing unusual about the little bump things on the gums. Just part of growing up. Usually they are a small abscess that will quickly go away. But you better watch out for Ellie or she may start getting them from the splinters she receives from the table.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...