...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Saturday's Warrior

This is Gavin.
And this...


...is Saturday's Warrior.
Crazy awesome.

Gavin wanted some cds of his very own a while ago so I went through my collection to find a few for him, and this is one that I gave him. I didn't even know I still had it. It is old.

Saturday's Warrior...an icon...for something. I loved this show when I was younger, now I find that funny. When I told my dad I had the movie on hold at the library so that the kids (mostly Gavin) could watch it he told me, in a very parental tone, I would be teaching them false doctrine. I laughed at him, but before I let them watch it last night (for the first time) I suddenly got nervous and gave them a stern lecture about how this is fiction. They looked at me like I was crazy. Actually, I guess I am, so that is alright. Why else would I show this to my children. Do you think they will be permanently scarred?

Watching old singing/dancing shows with few props, nearly no special effects (there is that little sparkle/fizz when people pop down to be born), and zealous missionaries...what a way to spend an evening. My littlest brother leaves on his mission tomorrow. The kids wanted to know if that is what he would be like for Uncle Joel. I said sure, without the over the top girlfriend (or any girlfriend), and the 80's hair, and the memorized discussions, and send off at the airport, and ...well, actually no. That is not what it will be like for Uncle Joel. My how things change. But Saturday's Warrior...that is eternal (right Dad?).

2 comments:

mormongrandpablogger said...

O, the horror!!! Now my grandchildren will never understand the plan of salvation. They will forever be looking for that 'one and only' who they promised to find in this life. If there are a reduced number of great-grandkids for your mother and I, you will be haunted from the after-life by someone much scarier than any of those you showed in the video. Wo, wo,wo, how will we ever overcome the damage you have done to these precious little ones. Ah well, this is your cross to bear throughout their lives. Good luck.

Ok, maybe not quite that bad but fun to tease about.

Megan said...

Good luck to Joel! How can he be old enough for a mission??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...