...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, March 1, 2010

Shel Silverstein

This weekend, Bryce discovered one of my true loves...Shel Silverstein books and poems. His current favorite (and one of my favorites for as long as I can remember):
.
We gave you a chance
To water our plants
We didn't mean that way
Now zip up your pants!
.
Hehehehehehe.
Thank you Mr. Silverstein for sharing your life, your creativity and your talent with the rest of us. I've always loved you.
.
P.S. I love your bald head.
.
(Don't be jealous, Josh, the man is dead...and I still love you best).

3 comments:

mormongrandpablogger said...

Not being a Silverstein fan, I can still appreciate the value of having a writer whom you enjoy reading. There are several in my life that I hope to someday introduce to my grandchildren and their children. Reading is such a wonderful talent and the ability to let a story become part of you is a great blessing. Hurray for moms who help their kiddies learn to really read.

Paula said...

I love Shel Silverstein! I can remember when I discovered my dad's Shel Silverstein books when I was a kid. So fun!

Brian Whitmer said...

I made an airplane out of stone.
I always did like staying home.

Have you ever read Uncle Shelby's ABZ's? Cracks me up almost as much as Runny Babbit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...