...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, August 9, 2010

A Whirlwind Weekend

What a weekend!
There has been so much happening.  We have been refinishing the doors in our upstairs (which has been a terrible job...I do NOT recommend it, just save up and buy new ones instead).  And so, the little ones have not had as much attention as they ought to have had and this was one of our resultant messes.  Such innocent little sprites.  At least the doors look better (at least to me).
  
I also got to visit some garage sales with my mom  and dad and my sister in law.  I was actually looking for treasures to save until Christmas for my little ones, but I accidentally stumbled on some things for me as well (this is why I don't usually go to yard sales).
But I got away with some incredible deals (for the adults and the children) and spent less than $20 so I guess it was alright to fudge a little just this one time.
And as an added bonus,
Ellie has four teeth coming in, so she is a grump.
This one is for my parents who do not believe that our little Ellie is anything but an angel.
She is incredibly sweet and amazingly adorable,
however, she has a temper.  A really, really, volcanic temper.  Enough so that she arches out of our arms if we try to hold her, and we have to watch her anger run its course from the sidelines.  
This is one of her more minor tantrums since the camera tends to diminish her fits.

Finally, we had a leak develop in our plumbing.  It started as a quiet, almost friendly, drip.  But while Josh was at the hardware store to buy parts, the leak amplified into a much bigger problem. The tiny hole sprayed water all over the laundry room in our basement.  What a mess!  We finally got the water stopped and excess water all mopped up, and now things are nice and dry again.  Hooray.

1 comment:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

I have to stay away from garage sales too! I'm always coming home with WAY too much lol! I LOVE that lamp you got! I'm sorry about the plumping... sounds miserable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...