...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Some Christmas Stuff

Christmas is seriously just around the corner and I have been thinking about some of my very favorite Christmas things.

I really love Christmas Trees.  They are fabulous.  What other holiday prompts everyone to rearrange their living room and carefully display a seven foot decoration in their front window (or wherever else).

I really love to see people's Christmas trees and the way they choose to decorate them.  There are some really gorgeous ones out there with matching ornaments and ribbons and all the trimmings.

Our tree is not like that.  None of our ornaments really match.  Lots of them are home made and many are very old, and even ugly.  But I wouldn't change it for anything.  I love the day we get out the box of ornaments and start hanging them on the branches one by one.  It seems like every one holds a fabulous memory that we get to smile about.  Some are funny and some are sweet, but it is really fun to just remember.  My oldest ornaments sprout from a sweet old lady that hand painted them for me when I was three years old. 

Our tree is a little bit eclectic (to say the least...not to mention it is naked from the waist down thanks one year old!) but we really do love it and I wouldn't trade it.


As an additional note, my sweet mother-in-law found a lady in Magna who sells home made Barbie clothes out of her house and she sent me on an errand to check them out.  I cannot say enough good about this lady.  Her clothes are cute and REALLY well made and she is the sweetest little old lady  you can imagine.  She also sells baby doll clothes and they looked cute too.  I have stuck some pictures on of what we bought.  She does dresses, leather jackets, swimsuits, we even bought an awesome cape...each outfit costs $1.  I was pretty impressed. 



(I have to post her info for anyone interested.  Her name is June and her # is 801-250-2585)

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...