...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Plant a big wet one on me!!!

This morning I was on the phone with Josh when my 1-year-old daughter wandered up to me and smooshed her face against mine to give me kisses.  I LOVE IT!!!

Even with a mess like this, she is still
extremely kissable if you ask me.
You have to know that Ellie does not easily part with her kisses.  They are a precious commodity around here.  So, when she planted a big wet one on me (complete with mmmmmaaaahh sound effects) Josh was super jealous.

To my delight, Ellie continued to share kiss after kiss with me and Josh got more and more bothered.  He even threatened to hang up on me (spoil sport!).  He got really upset when I told him she was scrunching up her face after each kiss (this is an adorable expression that she normally reserves only for her father).  

These are the moments make me nearly cry with gratitude for the chance to be a mom.  I am always grateful for the blessing Heavenly Father has given me to love and care for some of His precious children.  I may be a little less grateful when I have to scrape oatmeal off the walls, but a little twinge of thankfulness is still in there somewhere.  I really do love being a mom.

3 comments:

Green River High School said...

Cute! You are a wonderful mom.

Daley Family said...

I love baby kisses!

Tristy said...

Those are my favorite moments! I just can't get enough of those kinds of kisses!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...