...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, March 21, 2011

Our week...

This week has been pretty wild.  Josh has been working his 2nd job a lot so things here are more stressful than normal.  Besides, when he works a lot that means I have to do the dishes and there is no job that I hate more than doing the dishes.  Yuck!!


Ellie all decked out in her green duds.

Still, we did have a fun week.  We got to celebrate St. Patrick's day and we had a lot of fun with that.  Leprechauns came and dyed our food green all day, and our milk changed from white to green magically when we poured it in our cups.  It was crazy.  What a fabulous holiday.  I got to pinch every single child because no one remembered to wear green until they got pinched (Logan refused even after he got pinched...stubborn kid). 


A wonderful neighbor made us this awesome rainbow Jello.
I didn't have the heart to tell her that my kids won't eat Jello.
I tried to be sneaky and just put it out for snack without saying
anything, but one spoonful and that was that.  It sure
looked pretty and I know it took a lot of work...sorry Sherry.


At the boy's soccer game on Saturday Logan tripped and hit his head on a metal bench and got a really nasty gash.  It bled a lot and looked pretty nasty.  We ended up taking him to a nurse friend in the neighborhood who reassured us that we were right in dealing with it at home and not pestering the Instacare -- it didn't need stitches.  I was grateful she would take time for us. 

Logan did survive, and even felt well enough to serenade me later that day.

It is not always (or ever) fun that Josh has to work two jobs, but I am incredibly grateful that he does it.  He does it so that I can stay at home with our kids which is exactly what I want from life. 

We knew when we made the choice to pursue Josh's career as a high school teacher that financial issues would be a concern, especially with a plus sized family.  However, I would not change that decision.  We face our consequences... no, we embrace our consequences and stride on knowing that God will help us along the way and that even when life is a struggle, it is still very very good. 

1 comment:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

I don't blame you for staying home all day with those cute littles of yours! LOVE THEM :) Glad to hear everything is okay with Logan. Head wounds are never fun.

PS- I'm sorry Josh had to work Lady Gaga... she creeps me out! yuck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...