...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

S'more Sickness

I think we have spent close to $400,000 on copays at our doctor's office so far this year (those numbers may be slightly inflated).  I honestly think we have made the nearly 40 mile round trip drive to Dr. VanDenBerghe's Holliday office almost every week since the start of 2011.  Between ear infections, pneumonia, routine exams, kindergarten shots and now strep throat we have kept that guy in business (he deserves to be kept in business...I don't think there is a better doctor anywhere...I HIGHLY recommend him if you are looking for a pediatrician).

What a way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day tomorrow (strep throats are NOT green).  Still, I love this holiday.  It is so much fun.  I love playing little "leprechaun" tricks on the kids, making them green food and pinching them (guaranteed they will forget to wear green until I pinch them).  It is these little ridiculous, worthless to the world but priceless to my family moments that make life wonderful even in the midst of yuckiness.

And so, today I am feeling lucky.  I feel lucky that I have a fabulous doctor who does so much to take care of my family.  I feel lucky that our biggest health concerns are walking pneumonia and mild strep throat and nothing more serious than that.

I feel lucky to be surrounded by munchkins of my own even if that does mean lots of rotten clean up and very little personal nap time.  I feel lucky to be married to a man who cherishes me and who I cherish right back (cheesy, I know).

This world is not a perfect place, but it is a good place and I feel lucky to be on it.  Even while treating strep throat and doing laundry EVERY day, and scraping food off the bottom of the table (GROSS!!), I'm going to try to enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...