...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Our Windy Weekend

Josh putting together our awesome pirate kite.  It took him a good 20 minutes
just to get it assembled.  I laughed at him (I do that sometimes).
 This weekend we had a family adventure at the park.  It was fabulous. 

Once a month my extended family (all my brothers and their families) get together and during warmer months we take turns meeting at each siblings house to do a work project (trim roses, prep a garden, paint a room, you get the idea). 

This month was our month but we didn't really have a work project that would work for this so we asked if everyone would come have dinner and then trot over to the school to play baseball.  Our boys are always begging to play baseball but we just don't have enough players without help besides of which we have to chase Ellie and Logan around so we can't really focus on the game.

However, it was uber windy on Saturday so baseball was sort of out.  So we played at the park.  It was a fun afternoon and everyone was a good sport about the windy, chilly weather.  Thanks family.  You really made the day for my kidlets. 
This is Aubs with the cute turtle kite that I had put together in like
four seconds.  Ha!

Aubs and my brother Josh (that's right I have a husband and a brother named
Josh) trying to get my turtle kite to fly.  No dice.  It flopped all over but wouldn't take
to the sky.

Guess Josh showed me up after all,  his kite soared and he was the last
one laughing (but he didn't rub it in because he is a sweetheart).

Pirates of the sky!

Logan and his cousin Hayden tearing it up on the soccer field.

Ellie getting help from her Uncle Brian so she doesn't fall and break herself.

PJ enjoying the slide.


G all sad and upset over something and Grandpa trying to help him feel better.
I am very grateful to have the family that I have.  I have four sensations brothers on my side and four more amazing brothers on my husband's side.  We have awesome sisters-in-law and adorable nieces and nephews.  I am glad we can spend time with such incredible people...and have fun besides.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...