...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Poor, sad Logan.
 This weekend I was finally able to break out the summer clothes for the kids.  I hauled all the tubs into the living room (ok, to be honest, Josh did the bulk of the hauling) and sorted through things picking out summer duds for my sprites.

While I was working on Logan's clothes we came across this awesome baseball outfit that we bought when Bryce was small.  It is really cute, I love it.  It's one of my favorite 3-year-old clothing items. 

Logan was duly impressed and wanted to put it on.  Super!  We got him into it and I headed to the closet the finish putting things away.

When I came back Logan was in tears.  He glared at me as I walked into the room.  I had no idea what I had done to earn his displeasure so I asked what was wrong.

He told me "I look stupid."  Then with a pouty, forlorn look he said, "If I wear this shirt all the kids will laugh at me."

The imfamous baseball shirt...super cute, huh?
I laughed, I couldn't help it.  I guess he was right about the laughing, although I wasn't laughing at how he looked.  He was pretty mad at me after that.  However we sorted through the shirts and found a more acceptable one.  We changed his shirt (although I wasn't happy about it) and Logan felt much better.

I didn't expect to have wardrobe issues with the 3-year-old boy.  I thought that was a teenage girl thing.  I expect these sorts of things from Aubrey, but whining about style issues is not what I expected from my pre-schooler. 

Hopefully we can get him into this adorable outfit another day...without the drama.



Logan, much happier, in his Bob the Builder t-shirt.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...