...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dads


No, that isn't my actual father, that is Conan the Barbarian...
and I no longer  have that body since giving birth to six children.
(OK, it's just my face in a Universal Studios cutout...age 7)

When we are young, we tend to think of our Dad's as super heroes.  They can do anything.  They know every answer. 

I have always been a bit of a daddy's girl, my dad's interest and approval were always paramount for me.  Thankfully.  I had an amazing father so the picture in my childish mind wasn't too far from reality (except for the loincloth, my dad rarely wears one of those).

And now that I have a family of my own I am blessed to be able to share my amazing dad with my children.  He is a little bit more patient now than he was when I was young, but he is still the same old dad that played games with me, taught me to shoot a free throw and helped me understand the scriptures.  He has blessed the lives of generations and he is an amazing man.
Then one day I woke up and realized that not only do I have an incredible father, but I somehow stumbled into a marriage (totally on purpose, mind you) with the best dad I have ever known.  Josh is superb with our children.  He is their favorite playmate, toughest critic (when they need it) and best snuggler on the planet (the kids all prefer snuggling with dad to snuggling with mom....geezo, who birthed them anyway!). 









For 33 years now I have been surrounded by amazing examples of fatherhood. They have shaped my life in a way I will always be thankful for (not to mention teaching me to laugh at myself and catch a fish).

I love you, Dad.

And Josh, I love you best of all. I couldn't wish for a better father for my children.

Thank you both for being the dads in my life.

Happy Fathers Day!

Bryce's Father's Day Epistle to his dad.  Like father, like son I guess.






1 comment:

mormongrandpablogger said...

Yeah, you did pretty well in the husband department. He's pretty good with those kids of yours. But don't let him know what I said!! It will only make his head swell more. Love you. Dad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...