...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Brycey!

Our oldest boy turned 11 this past week.  He has been itching for his birthday for over a month.  It has actually been pretty funny.  For his special day we took donuts to school for his class and made home made pizza for dinner.  We had flaming eclairs for dessert.  We don't do birthday parties for every kid every year (I just don't have that much stamina or creativity...or patience). We have "friend parties" for milestone birthdays like 5, 8, and 10 (usually). 

So this year was a family party.  We sang and had fun at home.  Bryce got a new book (he was slammed book wormyness from both sides of the family) and an awesome set of motorized K'Nex (building sets) that I found at a second hand store a couple months ago (can't beat that!).   All four boys have been building all kinds of contraptions with them all weekend.  This is Parker's motorized "swing" ride.  After they tore this apart they started making intricate swords and grenades and having wars.  Boys will be boys I guess.




Bryce also got spoiled by his grandparents.  His DeMoux grandparents live a ways away but they called and sang to him over the phone.  He smiled from ear to ear.  His Whitmer grandparents live closer and they came to take him out for ice-cream.  He came home with a new bike.  He was pretty thrilled.  I was really grateful that everyone worked so hard to make him feel special on his day. 

I am ever grateful for the day this little sprite entered the world.  He is such a joy and I am very thankful that God sent him to my family.  As an added bonus he is hilarious so he keeps me laughing and I love that too.



P.S. Ellie loves dancing.  This has nothing to do with Bryce's birthday, but I thought I'd throw it in here anyway. Logan joined in as well, it was fun for everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...