...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sock it to me

Yesterday I was folding socks.  I don't love folding socks but it has to be done.  I had a large basket of single socks in the living room (a large basket because I tend to put off folding socks until someone complains that they don't have any anymore...maybe I wouldn't hate it so much if I did it more often so there weren't so many socks to fold). 

Anyway, I had to leave the room for a minute to help Gavin with something and when I came back my sock basket was empty.  I have always heard of socks that get up and wander away on their own (hence they end up without matches in a sad little pile in my laundry room) but this isn't quite what I expected.

So I started looking for the missing socks and this is what I found.
Sweet little Ellie had collected all of the socks (some folded, some not) and shoved them all in my top drawer.  She was trying to help put them away.  What a sweetheart.  It made me smile.  Lets hope this helpful streak lasts another oh say 18 years.  Anyway, what a cutie.

FYI after digging all the socks out of the drawer (and wrestling around with a giggling baby girl in the process) I no longer had the umph to fold them all so Ellie and I put away the folded ones and I still have a bunch of matchless foot attire in the basket waiting for the inevitable clean sock draught in a few days...then we'll do it all over again.  Yuck!  Still, it's a lot better with an adorable helper.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...