...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, August 15, 2011

12 down, forever to go

So this past weekend marked the 12th anniversary of the day I married my sweetheart.  I could soliloquize (a word I thought I invented but turns out I didn't...shoot!) all about my amazing husband and the incredible man that he is but then all you ladies would be jealous and I don't want to cause that so suffice it to say Josh is my soul mate.  He knows my heart and loves me because of/in spite of that and I adore him for that.  I can't imagine finding happiness without him by my side.  He means everything to me.

Sooooo, to celebrate a full dozen years together (can't wait to say it is a baker's dozen next year!) we decided a weekend with no kidlets would be in order -- just the way we started out twelve years ago.

We had the chance to stay at the Salt Lake Little America hotel for their "bed and breakfast" special and it was amazing! 
The room was gorgeous (and so was Josh). Rose petals on the bed, amazing view of the city, delicious bubble bath (I didn't taste it, but it did smell great), it was a very beautiful and very relaxing (and quiet) place to stay.
When we first got there, someone very noisily maneuvered a cart (or something) through the hall and bumped around a lot.  Josh laughed at me when I got up to go check it out before realizing I am not their mother and loud noises were not my concern for the evening. 

We drove to the Gateway to find a place to eat and landed in the California Pizza kitchen.  Neither one of us got pizza and now that I realize that I feel like we should have to go back and try again (maybe for that baker's dozen).  When the place has pizza in the name one of us should be required to order that.  Oh well, our pasta was great.  We got to do some very entertaining people watching on the Gateway plaza and then we spent a way too short hour perusing the books at Barnes and Noble (there is never enough time when I am in a bookstore...thankfully Josh is the same way).  We even walked through the "love" section in honor or our anniversary but we covered our eyes so we wouldn't see anything we would regret later.  Lastly, we plopped into our seats and watched the seven and a half-th Harry Potter movie (finally).  It was great.  We loved it.  Then we headed back to our hotel.

Sleeping in past 7:00 am was a decadent treat.  Our breakfast was delivered promptly at 8:30 am and there was enough food to feed six people but it was so good that we didn't mind sampling everything (although I felt a little guilty leaving so much uneaten). My favorite part was these adorable three inch tall glass ketchup bottles.  I just had to bring them home with me (yup, I am that lame...and no, I wasn't stealing, they don't refill them they just give new ones to everybody).


As an anniversary treat we bought a new bed set because our old one is stained along the face height sides with grease and muck and anything else that can stick to a child's face or hands.  We do try to keep things clean, but often it feels like a losing battle.  Anyway, Josh actually picked this set.  Once we got it on the bed the kids were so impressed that they monopolized the entire bed for the rest of the evening.  They have fought over who gets to make our bed every day since we brought the set home.  Here's hoping that continues.
It was great to spend time together, it was great to celebrate the most important day of our lives -- the start of everything incredible that has come since.  I would do anything be sure that I made that choice all over again.  I can't imagine life without Josh, and I really don't want to either.  Love you, tough guy!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Wonderful! Seriously, what a great trip. That picture of Josh on the couch may have taken the cake :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...