...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, October 10, 2011

In Search of Fall

Fall has been conspicuously absent from my sweet little valley home (we've had loads of summer and even a couple days of winter, but it is nearly mid-October and still no fall!).  I think my favorite season may have gotten lost (I understand, I do that sometimes).

So we decided to go try to find it!

We headed up Little Cottonwood Canyon to make our search.




What we found was beautiful, and crisp and brilliant...but I'm not really sure we could classify it as fall.
 
The leaves were just barely starting to change so those deep, rich colors that I have been begging Mother Nature for are still not there yet (booooo!).  There were some yellows and some almost nearly oranges, but that was about the best we could find.





However, the Ghost of Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas had obviously visited the canyon because we found breathtaking views like this (even if they weren't what we were after).

So we decided to make the most of it and we had a fabulous afternoon.  We trounced around in the soggy snow (it was trying to decide whether to melt or not) and had a DeMoux family snowball fight (Ellie did not enjoy this at all).  We even watched some adventurous, possibly nutso, snowboarders shredding it up on the shallow bed of snow on the Snowbird runs.  It was pretty sick (or so say my kidlets).

We climbed on rocks and trudged through the muddy start of trails before climbing back in our Suburban and heading for home.  It was a wonderful outing.

But I am still missing fall. 

Here are s'more pictures from our wonderful weekend excursion.
Josh and I in the confused October canyon.

The boys.

The goils.



Cute little DeMoux hand and foot prints in the snow.


If you happen to run into Fall while you are out and about, please send him my way.  I would really appreciate it.  I miss him.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Eek! I'm not ready to look at that snow. Looks like you had a blast despite the weather confusion :)

Corinne said...

I'm sorry, maybe we took your fall. We waited long enough!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...