...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, December 5, 2011

The Candy Fairy

Several years ago a wonderful primary leader made these ornaments for every single child in the primary (that must have been 50-60 kids, she is a pretty amazing woman).  They each had a candy kiss in them for the children.  My kids, of course, ate the kisses and then lost interest in the ornaments (they were still pretty young). 

But I didn't.

I thought these ornaments were adorable and a fun idea occurred to me.  That year, we invited the "Candy Fairy" to start coming to our home and she has been secretly fluttering her way into our holiday ever since. 


Every day while the kids are out of the living room, the Candy Fairy sprinkles her way to our Christmas tree and sneakily fills these kissin' critters with candy kisses -- one for each child (we actually only have four of the ornaments so some get choked with double the kisses...every year I always mean to make a couple more but I have never gotten to it yet).


This little tradition has become one of the kid's favorites (of course it is...it involves chocolate!).  It is fun to see them get so excited when the Candy Fairy has visited (it is also fun to see them check the tree in anticipation a couple times every day). 

I love that no one cheats and eats more than their share and that when someone finds the critter's cheeks full of kisses they yell out "The Candy Fairy came, the Candy Fairy came!" and everyone comes running.

I've put in a link for the instructions if you want to start your own Candy Fairy tradition.  I think this could be a good project to do WITH older kids and they would have fun with it.  I highly recommend the Candy Fairy, she is a sweetheart.  


I always love to try new things.  Do you have a favorite Christmas tradition to share?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...