...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas: The Rundown

This holiday season has been a great one.  I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people and to have the chance to do so many fun things.  Thought we'd share just a bit of what this past week of Christmas has held for us.

We had a family party and helped to fill stockings for each of the 12 kids under 12.  I opted to give them each coal (did I tell you about the time I actually gave my little brother coal for Christmas and told him he'd been bad and it made him cry...sorry Bri-Guy).  Thankfully this coal was tasty so it didn't draw tears.
 Aubrey had her last couple of musical theater performances and one of them was at the Dickens Festival so I got to hang out there with Aubs and my parents and we had a lot of fun.  Aubrey's group did great and we got to eat funnel cake...what more could I ask for?
Aubs and my Dad and me posing with a faceless Ghost of Christmas present. I think we all make pretty good looking ghosts as well.

Poor, sad, shackled Aubrey.

Three generations of wonderful women ready for a carriage ride (boy am I grateful for bucket seats and shocks).

Isn't my oldest daughter gorgeous (not to mention nice and smart and kind).  I really adore that girl. 


Also this week, Santa and Mrs. Claus showed up at our house for a pre-Christmas visit.  We thought it was amazingly sweet for them to take time for our little brood and were very very grateful for their kindness.  Santa took time with each of the children and made them feel like the MOST important child on the planet.  Santa is pretty amazing and Mrs. Claus isn't half bad either.

A couple of friends stopped by while Santa was chatting it up with our family so they got to join in the fun as well.  I would definitely report that they are on the "nice" list (if Santa needed my input).














We have also spent a lot of time reading Christmas stories.  I LOVE BOOKS! (Have I ever mentioned that?)  We love to read Christmas stories, both the book kind and the "Cheesy but Sweet Story a Day 'Till Christmas" kind (we read one by candlelight every night before bed). 

School parties, neighborhood treat delivery, Christmas cards and all kinds of holiday love...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. 

I hope you all have a really incredible Christmas.  More than anything else I hope that you feel the spirit of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and that your family is filled with love and peace and hope (with six kids in the house peace is something I hope for every year).  I hope you feel the love of our Father in Heaven and remember that you are a precious child of God and that our big brother came to earth to set a perfect example for us to follow because he adores us.  May His sweet spirit fill your heart and home this season and always.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...