...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Turf War, Nerf Style

One of the Christmas treasures that I stumbled on while shopping was a set of six Nerf guns that all worked beautifully (you should have seen me in DI plugging the two darts that I could find into each slot in each gun and then shooting them into the shelf to be sure that they all worked...what a dork!).  Anyway, these guns are a total hit and a couple of epic battles have ensued in the DeMoux home since Christmas.






Everyone gets in on the action (usually we all gang up on poor Dad, but he's a good sport about it and sometimes even outdoes us all which usually results from some sort of hostage situation). 

Because we have had a couple of Nerf guns before I knew that if we were going to have any fun at all with our new toys we were going to need a boatload of darts to go with them.  I watched for deals all season and ended up buying 136 (138 if you count the two darts that I found in our used guns) darts for use in household battles.

We have had So. Much. Fun!  We ambush each other from closets and splatter a barrage of bullets onto unsuspecting couch sitters.  We keep the guns in a communal basket where they are easily accessible so everyone can quickly load up when war starts. 

The only downside is that now I have become fanatical about our darts.  I rally the kids and meticulously gather and count them after each onslaught while Josh just shakes his head and laughs at us (I mean me).  We started with 138 darts...already (as of this morning) we are down to 117.  Unacceptable.  Guess I will be making the rounds to try to find the stragglers and get them back in our arsenal.  I find them everywhere.  Sometimes in plain sight, sometimes not so much.   




I realize that over time our darts will slowly vanish, but I'd like to prevent that as long as possible.  I hope there are many many more Nerf shootouts to come. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...