...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

That's sew cool!

Thanks to Pinterest (I am really new to Pinterest, but have found some great ideas in my brief browsing so far...thanks to my sister-in-law Jenny for introducing me to the site) I came across a sewing blog that I LOVE!  I have always enjoyed sewing, but this lady is AMAZING!  She creates the cutest patters for women and girls (and a couple for boys so they don't feel left out).  Her blog is "Sewing in No Man's Land" and I think she is great.

Once I stumbled on this woman's brilliance, I couldn't wait to whip out the sewing machine, dig into my pile of fabric, and get started.

And this is the result for this past week.


I have been looking for a colorful skirt for a while (by looking I mean checking stores I happen to be in to see if they happen to have one because I honestly HATE shopping so I avoid it if I can).  I haven't seen much so when I saw this pattern I was THRILLED!  I am no super-seamstress so it took me just a bit to translate the pattern into something I understood, but once I got there I zipped through it and ended up with a skirt that I really like.


When I saw this skirt on the sewing blog I couldn't wait to get my little princess into it.  It was pretty easy to throw together and my baby girl really loves the result.  She has paraded around the house in it twirling and dancing every day since I finished it. 


I stitched a couple of coordinating bits onto a plain white shirt just to dress up the look a bit (and we did actually style her hair before we went to church although you can't see that yet in this picture) and I was really pleased with how it turned out. 


I love that feeling of creating something, watching things that are plain and shapeless slowly take form and transform into handiwork that I can admire (as long as I don't look too close because my creations always have flaws...it's to let the evil spirits escape, right?).  

Come to think of it, maybe that's why I like being a mom so much.  I get to watch as these beautiful little creature that I helped create learn and grow and turn into something even more incredible.  What fun!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...