...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, January 2, 2012

Hooray for the new year!

Welcome to 2012!!!
Ringing in the new year with the people I love best...and all but one is happy, that's pretty good!
I am SuPeR thrilled to be starting a new year.  I would be a big fat liar face if I didn't admit that part of the reason I am excited for 2012 is just to get away from 2011.  We have not been the very best of friends.  Let me recap just for a quick moment some of the not so fabulous events that toddled into our year.

* We faced the rebellion of household appliances calling for repair of dishwasher, stove, washing machine, furnace (not an appliance, I know) as well as the death of the VCR (who uses a VCR anymore anyway), a cell phone and two expensive (at least to me) cameras.

*Illness has also harassed us this year (I do expect our fair share of that, especially with six little germ tornadoes constantly whirling around the house).  Between dozens (no kidding) of ear infections, two rounds of strep throat, a tussle with pneumonia, a brawl with bronchitis, several bouts of the flu (which sprouted from both ends of the children...gross!), and a round of hand, foot and mouth disease (not to be confused with hoof and mouth disease...sometimes my children sound like cattle but in reality they aren't!) we may have single handedly kept our doctor and our local pharmacy in business. 

*My diagnosis with Crohn's disease gets its very own bullet point even if it is another illness. 

*Our house discovered its own bowel issues because we had to completely redo our electrical boxes and a large section of our plumbing...super fun!

*Our cars decided they were being left out so one whined until we gave it new tires and new brakes and rotors and the other one simply gave up completely and had to be replaced.  Then our new car got in on the action and wanted its wiring and brakes and several other issues fixed.  Stupid cars (Logan: Mom, we don't say stupid).

Budget issues, health issues, family drama...we've faced a bunch of nasty things this year. 

And yet...

When I really think about it, 2011 has offered up some pretty incredible moments as well.  Here are a few of my favorites.


*Josh found the PERFECT part time job that fit our needs

*We were lead to an amazing gastroenerologist that helped me prepare for my lifelong battle with Crohn's (and get it under control to start the fight on good footing)

*Josh started work on his masters degree so that eventually he hopefully won't need the part time job...and he is doing really well in his classes (I love that smarty pants!).

*We have been blessed with miracles both large and small!

*Because we have had struggles, we have needed support from time to time and we have been able to clearly see the love of others.  What an incredible blessing.

All in all, there have been many more good days than bad this year and I feel blessed that we have been able to get through the bad ones and still have enough energy to smile (even if sometimes there's a hint of a grimace in it).  

I have been given an incredible existence overloaded with funny moments like this and like this, and sweet moments like this and like this.  Everyone has life pimples bubble up from time to time, who am I to whine if I have to pop a few more than I would like.  I know that trusting in my Heavenly Father and following the example of my Savior I can get through anything, and that is an amazing blessing.

(But I still hope for a calmer, quieter, simpler, less pimple filled 2012) 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...