...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, February 6, 2012

Lately...

This is a little bit of what we've been up to lately...

I have been trying for a while to come up with a fabulous way to store more towels in our bathrooms (we go through a lot of towels at our house...I don't know how you get around that with kids).

I saw this wonderful idea on Pinterest that used a wall hung wine rack to store towels, but I couldn't find a wine rack with slots big enough for anything other than hand towels.

That's when I stumbled on these little beauties and thought, "I bet I could get those babies to store rolled up towels!"  And you know what...I could.  They work great, and they look sorta cute so it all worked out.  I love it when that happens. 

Upstairs bathroom

Downstairs bathroom.
 Last week I had pot pie on the menu, but I forgot to buy a pie crust.  So, I thought I would try to make one on my own.  I haven't ever done that before, but I know lots of people do so I googled some recipes and thumped all the ingredients into a bowl and went to work.

I did make something that looked a little bit like a pie crust (even though it sort of resembled Frankenstein).  I cooked it and...........it was HORRIBLE!  Yuck!  I either need LOTS more practice OR I should just stick with store bought (or, as a friend from high school used to say "boughten," weird word eh?) pie crusts.  Sigh.


Aubrey has been all entrepreneury lately and wanted to start her own business.  So, we went to Michaels and bought a whole mess of boondoggle.  I taught her how to lace the strands into braided key chains and she has been selling them to the masses at school.  Creative tyke that she is she also let kids sign up for classes and taught them how to make their own boondoggle (for the very fair price of 10 cents per person). 

I love that she wanted to earn money and so she thought up an idea and took matters into her own hands.  What an amazing young lady.

 Just for fun (and a few laughs) I threw together this funny little ruffled pillow...
 Then I put it in a zip seal bag and used my vacuum to suck as much air out of it as I could.  Finally I shoved it in a postal service pre-paid envelope and shipped it off to a friend in exotic regions far away.  Hopefully she got a chuckle out of it.
 And last but not least, after all of our tireless effort on science fair projects this year, we learned this week that Bryce and his partner took 3rd place in the school science fair.  They did an experiment on balance involving a Wii fit and some ear plugs (begging the question, does hearing affect balance?).  I really was proud of these boys and thrilled that they ended up with trophies for all of their efforts.

However, even without a trophy I was awfully proud of Aubrey because she put a lot of dedicated work into her project as well. 

Cleaning up moon sand, snapping pics of adorable kids (and husbands), watching basketball games and chorus concerts, repairing scuffed boots and building with Legos...lately they sometimes feel like crazy days, but thankfully they are usually good days too.


("Mom, you didn't put in a picture of me playing basketball."  Sorry buddy, here you go.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...