...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love is in the air...and the kitchen

As part of our Valentine's Day fun we decided to make chocolate suckers.  This is one of my favorite kid friendly activities because whatever mess the kids make you can just make them lick it all off the table (just kidding, but wouldn't that be funny...except also gross for eating dinner later).

You can buy just about every color you can think of in melting chocolates, or you can melt white chocolate chips in the microwave (30 seconds at a time until they are smooth) and then dye them with a couple drops of food coloring.  
I love this activity because it lets my kidlets be creative and show their artistic side, but it is also unique because we don't mess around with colored chocolate every day. 

As an added bonus we can put plastic wrap around our creations and take them to friends and neighbors to show our love for this fabulous holiday.

Back in the day (oh so long ago when I was young) we used to do all of our Valentine deliveries under the cover of darkness.  There was this great little song that went,

"Knock, knock, knock then run, run, run
Today is Valentine's Day.
Knock, knock, knock it's fun, fun, fun
To try to get away."

The kids and I still like to aim for that sort of holiday fun when we can.  We're planning to weave our chocolate suckers into that magic if we can.

Here are some of our finished creations.


As an added bonus, Valentine's Day is also our And-A-Half anniversary (exactly six months after our wedding day so on Valentine's Day we have been married how ever many years and a half...you get the idea). 

With that in mind I just want to tell my sweetheart (not to mention anyone else who is paying attention) how much I ADORE him.  He is my best friend, my best influence, my biggest fan, my favorite play mate, my level headed thinker, my favorite pillow, my kissing partner and so much more.  This man makes my life warm and inviting and he still has the power to make me weak in the knees (in the very best way, of course).  I'm sure I would be happy in life even if I had never met him, I just wouldn't really have any idea what happiness really was.

I love you Joshua, here's to many more And-A-Half anniversaries to come.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...