...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Why I love Melissa DeMoux

Yes, yes, I know that many of you will be surprised that I am putting up a post. I hope that my man card will be allowed to stay in my possession as today is Valentine’s Day. My wonderful wife has often asked me why I kept after her while we were dating. I have on occasion tried to explain to her why, but she continues to ask me anyway. I have decided the problem is she has not seen my responses in print yet, so I am doing so today, so Melissa and you will know why I love her and chased her down before and continue to chase her every day.


I should preface my explanations that at first Melissa didn’t like me so I was forced to convince her why she should. I chased her to convince her that when I shaved, I was actually handsome (I had some facial hair the day we were introduced). I chased Melissa because I always felt so comfortable with her and really wanted to be around her. I chased her because I wanted to be a better person when I was around her and I wanted to be better for her. I chased her because she was (and is still) sooooo beautiful. I chased her because she is so intelligent and I love talking to her. I chased her to show her that I was really funny and I did on occasion have a serious side to my personality. I chased her because she told me she didn’t always agree with me, even if I said I knew something about the topic being discussed. I chased her because for the first time in my life I was nervous to kiss a girl. I should note that our first kiss took me a while to work up the nerve for I will let Melissa post about that some other day.

I chased Melissa to convince her to marry me because I realized how I couldn’t imagine eternity without her. I chased Melissa because I knew that with her genetics our children would be adorable, and they are! I chased her for the fact that for the first time in her life she had conversations on the phone that lasted more than ten minutes and she didn’t even mind. If you can’t figure it out Melissa was talking to me. I chased her because I fell madly in love with my best friend, whom I always seemed to know, but had just met.

My dearest Melissa when will you realize that you mean everything to me and I want the world to know it! I will chase you to the ends of the earth and shout from the rooftops that I love you more than anything. Thank you for being my best friend and loving me with all of my faults included. Thank you for giving me six amazing wonderful children who remind me of you every day. Thank you for letting me steal some of your blog space, I hope I didn’t mess it up. On our and a half anniversary I want to wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day my love.

Love,

Josh

2 comments:

Melissa DeMoux said...

Joshua, this is exactly what I would wish for for Valentine's Day. I love you to pieces my tough guy.

Wife Of A Salesman said...

aaaawwww {Smoosh}, what a cutie...I guess that is why you chased him right back?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...