...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April Fools

Sunday was April Fools Day.

I looooove April Fools Day.

I rarely need an excuse to play little pranks on my family, but a whole day intentionally dedicated to that idea is a wonderful thing in my book.

I planned out my little pranks so I would be all ready for the big day. (I only like to play small harmless pranks so that it stays in fun instead of hurting feelings or ruining clothing or whatever...also, as it was Sunday I didn't want to do anything too wild.)

So, the kids woke up to doorknobs lightly slathered with vaseline, a bar of soap painted with clear nailpolish so that it would not lather, cardboard bits in their sweet rolls, electrical tape over the tv remote sensors (so they simply would not work) and the like.

We all laughed and had fun and ganged up to tease our dad a bit with hidden shoes and glasses...

...until...

it was time to brush our teeth.  I had dobbed a tiny bit of Orajel on each of my unsuspecting victim's toothbrushes so when they brushed their mouth and tongue tingled and felt a bit numb (it only lasted a couple of minutes).  Josh and the kids all laughed...well...all but one.

I won't name names, but we had one little person who was hurt when she was the brunt of this joke.  Poor kid.  We tried to be kind and console her, but she would have none of it.  She was offended and she wanted to be sure we knew it.  I apologized that I hurt her feelings, but I couldn't keep from laughing when she took the whole thing sooooo seriously.  Good thing I didn't put mini water balloons in the toe of her shoes like I considered doing. 

Hope you all had a very tricky April Fools Day.

Pouting at the wrongs poured out upon her by her mother.

1 comment:

mormongrandpablogger said...

Poor unnamed ten-year-old little girl. Hope she remembers these things for when she is a mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...