...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Flying High

One of the most incredible inventions that a child has ever invented may be the words, "Mom, come see what I can do."

As the mom, these words have a magical power that immediately pulls you away from whatever other important thing you may be involved in and deposits you in the backyard or the bedroom or the living room for incredible feats of bravery and skill...or in this case, swinging.

Logan has been dependant on my pushes in order to enjoy the wind in his face from the pendulum action of the swing...until this weekend.

While I was in the kitchen making dinner, one of those magical "Mom, come see what I can do"'s wafted in through the open window.  I grabbed the camera (generally a required element for these moments) and scuttled into the back yard to see the display.

I was thrilled to find my four year old pumping his legs back and forth as he soared over the grass (OK, it's only a few feet up, but still) ALL  BY  HIMSELF!

I was pretty proud, and so was he.  What a beautiful way to spend an evening.

(Great job, my sweetheart.  You really are amazing, Logan!)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...