...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, May 10, 2012

We "lava" our teachers

This week is teacher appreciation week at the school.

Last week (while we were off track) I got a call from the PTA president asking if I wold make a poster to celebrate Aubrey's fourth grade teacher, Miss Hall.

So, we kicked around some ideas (you are the "bomb,"  you are a "home run" teacher...obviously the boys were involved in the discussion as a poster of a bomb or a huge bat and ball are pretty boyish ideas).  Finally, after discussing dozens of ideas, Aubrey settled on a volcanic theme and this is what we put together.


Aubrey and I worked together to create the poster.  She painted the volcano, I cut out the curly lava sprays.  She used my Cricket to cut out the words and then she used glitter glue to decorate the "ash" hearts that are spewing from the lava. 

I think it turned out pretty well.  I hope Miss Hall feels appreciated, she has been a very good teacher for Aubrey. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...