...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, August 6, 2012

Little changes around our house

This past week I've made a couple of changes around the house that have been fun.  Nothing too exciting, but it is always nice to spruce things up just a touch and freshen up the house a bit.

While Josh and I were in St. George on this adventure we came home with a treasure from a consignment shop in town.  I fell in love with this faux stained glass window (minus the window parts).  It is a solid wood frame with ornamental metal accents and I LOVED it!

Then we got it home and put it up on the wall and I wasn't so sure that I loved it anymore...until we got our family pictures in it and now I love it again!  It brings a new tone to the room and I always like having more family photos looking out over us so for me it is a great change.



Next, when we put in our new screen door a couple of months ago (after this mishap) we -- and by "we" I mean Josh -- had to redo several sections of door frame as well as the wooden section above the door.

Well, a new piece of wood up there looked like a blank canvas to me and I have wanted for a while to put something fun above the door to liven things up some.

So one afternoon last week I pulled out my Cricket and some vinyl hand me downs from my sister-in-law and put a little something together.  I'm please with how it turned out, it adds just the touch I was looking for.

(Me up on the ladder working on this project)

The finished product.  The horse shoe is one from my Grandparent's farm where I grew up riding horses and loving animals.
For those who may not know legend has it a horse shoe placed in a U shape above the door catches luck and keeps it close for your family.  I think we can use that!
I love change.  I think it is fun to rearrange a room or repaint something to brighten the house a bit.  Little projects like this give me something good to work on and help me keep my home feeling fresh and alive.  Even when it is really no big deal at all, I love that sort of thing.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

GREAT changes! I really love the pictures in the wooden frame. Very fun :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...