...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, September 17, 2012

Birthdays at Knight

So we had a two week span that included three birthday this past month.  That makes things a little bit crazy in the casa, but that's just the way it goes.  I can't complain too much, I was involved in the planning of the creation of each of these little monsters so it's my own fault (and I'll take credit for that every single time).
 
First came G.


Then came our Ellie-Lou.


And last, but not least, was Logan.

 
Logan turned five this year and was pretty excited about his birthday.  He counted down the months (by that he meant days) for weeks (by that I mean weeks).
 
Finding toys that Logan was really interested in was rough this year.  He doesn't really have a favorite activity at the moment (it seems there's always at least one child that is tough to shop for each year).  Just a couple of days before the big day, we were all a dollar and Logan's eyes popped when he saw this dress up set of shining knight apparel.  He was drooling.  It seemed like just the thing, so I stashed it in my basket under my other items and wrapped it up for him.
 
Yeah, it was a hit.

 
He and his siblings have been playing knight in one form or another ever since.


Logan even convinced Dad to get in on the action.  Good stuff.


I think we managed to help each child feel important and especially loved on their respective day.  I hope so at least.  I am eternally grateful that each of these little sprites landed in our home and I love celebrating the fact that each one of them stretched our family a bit more  until it was just the right size.  I could not be more thankful to be their mother, to have the chance to watch them learn and grow and explore the world around them.  I would not want to tumble through this lifetime adventure without them. 
 
Happy Birthday to my three youngest kidlets, I sure do love you guys.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

OH the time my sons spent in those knight costumes! I think I still have one of the breastplates downstairs somewhere ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...