...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, September 28, 2012

'Leaf' it for the weekend...

This last weekend we took and impromptu trip up the canyon to see that fall leaves.
 
It turned into an impromptu photo op
 
which was impromptu fabulous.
 
Here's a peek at our fun.
 

 






 
Being zombies...


 







Logan's face in this one is killer...love it!



There, now everyone looks relatively normal...
 
No wonder fall is my favorite (and the people along on my adventure aren't half bad either).  I love watching the world wander from everything fresh and green toward the vibrant quiet of yellows and reds and golds.  This world is an amazing gift.  And not only do I get to watch the canyons flutter and change, but moments like this I get to see the changes that my little family is graced with as well. 

I got to watch up close as Bryce and Aubrey fawned over their little sister who was afraid she would fall on big rocks.  I got to watch Gavin create a "walking adventure" for his younger brother so they could explore together.  I saw Parker trying to perfect his parkour (we used to naively call it street running) skills by leaping and sliding every chance he got.  I got to watch Josh be the most amazing father, and I loved every single moment of it.

Change is not always perfect, sometimes we get wrinkled or discolored, but as a family I think our overall progress has been toward something amazing and I'm grateful to be a spectator for all of these colorful events.

What a great weekend.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

So, so wonderful. I miss driving through the canyon with my family and looking at the leaves! We're behind you here, but fall IS my favorite :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...