...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Guess who came to my house?

The other night there was a knock at the door.
 
It was dark outside and we were all huddled in the basement watching a "scary" movie (one of my all time favorites, "The Haunting" the 1963 version...it was pretty terrifying for my three oldest kidlets).
 
When we opened the door, this is the face that greeted us.
 

 
And it was love at first sight.
 
We happily brought him in and have had him hanging around ever since.  I would love to display him on my front porch, but sadly I have had many a large gourd disappear from the steps and I don't want him to meet the same fate (we often find them splattered on the road in front of our house).
 
We call him Franken-Zucchini (even though he is parading around as a witch).
 
Maybe we'll add a scar to his cheek to make the name a little  more appropriate.
 
Anyway, we adore him and we're glad he came to play.
 
And if you happen to know where he came from, please let his creators know that we are grateful and he is a welcome addition to our home (until the day we decide to eat him, then he will be a welcome addition to our bellies!).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...