...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Monday, October 29, 2012

Trunk-or-Treat

This weekend we got to go to the ward trunk-or-treat activity and we had SO MUCH FUN!!
 
The kids were all thrilled for the chance to dress up and wander the asphalt begging for candy. 
 
Tons of people from the neighborhood turn out for this activity, everyone is welcome, and it is fun to see all the kids that might not actually make it to our house on the big day all dressed up and adorable.  I did manage to terrify one little boy.  He was dressed as Prince Charming from Cinderella and was soooo cute that I threatened to kiss him.  He sprinted away as fast as he could (I found out later he told his mom that he thought maybe I was in love with him because he was so handsome...what a sweetheart, I love these kids).
 
Here's our crew all ready to pillage and plunder in the parking lot.
 
Ellie: an elephant...Aubrey: Bellatrix Lestrange...Gavin: iron man...Logan: a sheriff...Bryce: a S.W.A.T. team member...and PJ: something army related

Josh and I went for a Mexican themed display this year.  We played Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass over the stereo in the car (that's about the best I have on hand for Spanish music) and we both sported mustaches (I got a little bit chewed out for "cross dressing" but I told the guy that got after me that I have seen plenty of women with mustaches in real life so he said maybe I was ok after all).
 


Anyway, it was a lot of fun and a great warm up for the big day on Wednesday.  This is such a fun holiday.  I love being able to spend time with my kidlets and see them have adventures.  They really do make my world a much brighter place.
 
Happy Halloween All!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...