...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wood comes home



This is my oldest younger brother, Josh.
These are my two oldest boys.

 
Last month these three came together to make my Christmas a little more perfect.
 
My brother happens to be really good with wood working.  He is self taught and has done some absolutely incredible things.  This winter he did what to me is the most absolutely incredible thing of all.  He volunteered to mentor my two sons and help them create Christmas gifts for their parents.
 
These are the finished products.

 
Broncos clock for their football fevered father.  This clock is now stationed in my husband's classroom where it is alternately
loved/hated by students who follow football depending on their team preference.


Picture frame for their mother who loves to show off her family, it now hangs in the entry way
of our home.  Come see it in person some time.
 
To say I was amazed with their creations would be a gigantic understatement.  I was even more impressed when I learned that Josh had the boys create their own designs and do almost all of the measuring and cutting themselves.  They used several different kinds of saws and sanders and learned all sorts of methods for putting things together.  They had to think through problems and work around tough bits.  When I look at these projects I see boys who learned and grew at the side of their amazing uncle who was willing to take time for them when it was not easy.  He does, after all, have a life and family of his own.  Pretty incredible, at least to me.  I told you I had the most amazing brothers on the planet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...