...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Creative creatures

I love it when my kidlets get creative.  I am always thrilled when they come up with some new and inventive way to use something or some unique way to show off their talents and thoughts.  Whether it is creating a song for the piano, drawing something, designing with play dough or any other outlet I am a fan.

This week my two youngest found a box of magnets that have been stashed in a closet for a while.  Because the blocks are "new" to these two small ones they are ten times more excited to play with them than they will be in a week when the blocks are old news.  Here are a couple of their creations.

Logan made a lobster.  I think he did an amazing job on it, to me it looks just like a lobster.  I was pretty impressed.


Ellie, on the other hand, made a story with her magnets.  Still pretty fabulous if you ask me.  I love it when we get our creative juices flowing.  Lincoln logs, shape blocks, Legos, crafts, paints, moon sand...to me they are all mediums to encourage creative thinking and free thought and I am a pretty big fan of both.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...