...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chop, Chop!!

This weekend my boys were in desperate need of haircuts.  They were looking pretty shaggy.  Several years ago thanks to a how-to video and lots of trial and error (sorry, Josh, you were the best guinea pig ever!), I taught myself how to cut boys hair.  This is great because taking five boys with varying degrees of cooperativeness to pay for haircuts is an expensive endeavor every 6-8 weeks. 
 
Anyway, this time around Aubrey sat watching me and then asked me if I would cut her hair too.  I volunteered to use the buzzer like I do with the boys, but she declined (she's smart like that).  Instead I watched a couple Youtube videos and set to work on her.  I've trimmed her hair many times, but haven't ever REALLY cut it and she wanted it SHORT! 
 
So we did it and I think it turned out pretty cute. 

 
After seeing Aubrey, Ellie wanted a turn too.  I wasn't sure how that would go.  She has always had really curly brown locks which her father deeply adored, but we plunged in and she chopped her hair nice and short just like her sister's.
 
Sadly, we did lose all the curl.  Apparently those springy ringlets were only held in the lower part of her hair because there is pretty much not even a wave in what is left.  I'll miss that (and I was a bit worried her dad would be heartbroken), but since she looks absolutely adorable with her new do I got over it pretty fast (and her father loves it so it all worked out).

I know the sides look uneven, but they really aren't, we had just pulled a section
back and that made it shorter than the other side.
 
Then I thought it would be good to trim my split end infested head.  So I did, but I accidentally trimmed one spot a bit more than the rest so I ended up lopping off about 10 inches of my hair too.  Aubrey did have to help me level off one stubborn spot at the back and I was grateful she was willing to do it because my arms just couldn't quite get there.  It's nice and light for spring and summer and I like it even though it isn't what I planned.


 
So the girls all got chopped, but we are all pretty thrilled with the result.  The boys look good too, even if some of them whined and fussed and fidgeted the entire time I was trimming.  That's just the way it goes.
 
Eight haircuts given in one weekend.  Not too shabby if you ask me. 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...