...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, April 19, 2013

Soccer mom once more

Soccer is part of our family life.  

Our boys each played several seasons of soccer while they were in elementary school, however, the last few years they have opted to play basketball.

Still, Josh has been a girls soccer coach as Murray High School for the past four years so soccer winds its way around our lives whether the kids are playing or not.

Well, this year Bryce started jr high and a few weeks ago he decided he wanted to try out for the soccer team.  I was thrilled, I love it when my kids work to be involved in extracurricular events.  My mom used to say "don't let school interfere with your education" and I buy into that.  There is much more to school than just classroom work (although, don't get me wrong, classroom work is intensely important!).  

Anyway, Bryce made the soccer team.  We were all pretty excited for him and he has been working hard at practice and running drills at home with his dad almost every day.

And yesterday was the first game of the season.

Hooray!

Bryce is quite a bit smaller than most of the other kids on the pitch, but someone forgot to tell him that because he got into the mix and fought for balls and went toe to toe with anyone who took him on.  He is easy to pick out, just watch for the cute little white kid in blue.

He has plenty of room to improve (they all do), but I'm very proud of my oldest son.  I hope he'll stick with this for years to come and make soccer an even more intimate part of our days every spring.

Go Matheson soccer team!!







Bryce right after heading the ball to a teammate up the field...way to attack it buddy!

1 comment:

jess said...

So cute and exciting! Jr high sports are so fun because they aren't quite as competitive as high school. You can improve and make friends, I just loved it when I played!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...