...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Friday, August 9, 2013

Shredding (sort of)

OK. so my kids' new favorite activity is skateboarding.  They love to look up "how to do skateboard tricks" on Youtube and then go out in the yard to practice.  It takes a lot of work and a lot of patience, but they are getting better.
 
Josh and I LOOOOOVE it when the kids are working to learn something or develop a new skill.  That is the kind of thing we like to encourage so we decided it would be a good idea to take some trips to the skate park so the kids could really have room to work and learn. 
 
These outings have been fabulous, everyone gets in on the action and the sweet skateboard guys who know what they are doing have taken time to share their insight with my older boys. 
 
I love it when we learn something new.
 




 
Yes, Josh and I even took our turns at this newest family pass time. 
 
Um, we were pretty cruddy at it, but we gave it the old college try.
 
We'll get better...I think...and we'll provide good entertainment for our kidlets if we don't.

 
(Sadly, this video of me happened after I had spent a fair amount of time practicing.  Yeah, I have a long way to go.)
 
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...