...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Baptism #4 for our family

This weekend was a big one for our family.  Our son Gavin turned eight last month and made the choice to be baptized and become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

We are very proud of him and the young man he is choosing to grow into.  This kid has a big heart and he is not afraid to show it.

It was interesting for both Josh and G that Gavin's baptismal interview with his bishop happened to be an interview with his father.  Josh said it was pretty incredible to be with him acting as his bishop and hear his testimony of the gospel.  


It was a pretty wonderful day and we got to share it with some family and close friends who came to support our boy (thanks, everyone!).  


Bryce was particularly touched by the service and commented how much he felt the spirit.  He said he understands the covenants you make at baptism much more now than he did five years ago when he was baptized and that made it a really powerful event for him.

I'm grateful for the choices my children are making and for the privilege of watching them grow into the amazing people they are choosing to be.  I just love these monsters!

Thanks for a fabulous day, G.  You are a really amazing young man and I feel very blessed that you are my son.  Love you, big guy!


P.S. While outside the church we happened upon a big, nasty spider on a pretty big web.  I am not a fan of spiders but I have a deal with them that if they stay out of my house I will stay out of theirs so I don't bother them when they are outside (and I won't let my kids ruin their webs or smash them outside either...except for the black widow I found hiding in a riding yard toy the other day which I had Josh kill before it could venomize my children...sorry spider, yard toys count as an extension of my house).

People say they are beautiful, and I try really hard to see that, but mostly they just seem icky to me.

Still, it was a cool find.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...