...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Simple and Tasty Apple Crossovers

Like I mentioned earlier this week, we accidentally came into a bunch of apples of late (and thank you to our apple donors, we love you!).  

So, I decided an apple dessert was in order.  After all, it is fall.

Since I am neither a fabulous cook nor a creative genius in the kitchen I just had to go with something simple.  I decided to make a delicious batch of apple crossovers.  They were pretty yummy.

Here's what I did.

1. I diced up four medium sized apples.  Then I stirred about 1/3 cup of sugar into the bits (be sure to stir it well so every piece gets coated).  I then added 2-3 Tablespoons of flour (I'm not sure exactly how much, just enough to thicken up the juices of the mix).  I was left with something that looked like this.  It was sweet and crunchy and good.  


2. Next I pulled out two packages of refrigerator crescent rolls.  I placed a dollop of apple mix in the center of each unfolded crescent and then folded the three sides in to cover the apple.  It looked like this.


3. Then I drizzled some melted butter over the rolls (what doesn't taste better with a bit of butter?) and popped them into the oven for about 20 minutes.

4. When they came out, and while they were still hot, I mixed up a simple glaze made from powdered sugar and milk (mix the two together to the consistency you like, I honestly didn't measure so I don't know how much of each...it should be thin but not watery).  


5. Let these cool for a bit and then serve them.  They were a sweet finish to dinner that night (and we don't do dessert that often so it was a special treat!).  

Simple.

Tasty.

And involving fruit which makes it healthy, right?  

Ok, maybe not that last one.  But still tasty.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...