...and they all lived happily ever after...

...and they all lived happily ever after...

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Shredding away the holidays

So I have to brag just a tiny bit.

For Christmas, my parents gave the boys each a long board.  They have quickly become a big hit around here.  The kids love to ride them around the neighborhood and boy these babies can fly so that has become a lot of fun down our inclined street.  Logan is great to share his board with Aubrey so she gets in on the action too, and both of the oldest boys have been known to sit Ellie on their boards for a ride from time to time so she isn't left out either.  Our long boards have become our preferred method of transportation as I send my kids on errands around the neighborhood.  It's been a lot of fun.  

But the part I have to brag the very most about is that two of my brothers MADE these things.

That's right, you heard me, they made them.  From the many layers of plywood to the unique body shapes (to allow for sharp turns without having the wheels rub the body of the boards) to the kickin' paint jobs my brothers Josh and Joel did it all.

Yeah, they pretty much rock.

No wonder I adore those fellas (the ones in the picture and the ones who got all creative for our upcoming long boarding adventures).


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...